About Communities In Schools of Central Texas
Communities In Schools of Central Texas (CIS) is a local affiliate of a national nonprofit recognized for its evidence-based model that ensures every student, regardless of race, zip code, or socioeconomic background has what they need to realize their potential in school and beyond. Working directly inside schools, CIS connect students to caring adults and community resources that help them see, confront, and overcome the barriers that stand between them and a brighter future. Together, CIS builds a powerful change movement made up of peers, students, and alumni committed to building an equitable path to education for future generations.
In Central Texas, CIS is in over 100 schools, 7 districts and 5 counties. Last year alone, over 8500 students have received intensive support from CIS programs and staff. CIS impacts student outcomes by focusing on organization’s five core values:
- Relationships – Cultivating Relationships That Work
- Impact – Driving Student-Centered, Measurable Impact
- Equity – Being Boldly Race, Equity, and Justice-Forward
- Learning – Reflecting on Our Practice, Improving for the Future
- Sustainable Excellence – Prioritizing Sustainable Excellence
Community In School (CIS) is a growing organization with over 230 personnel. They are searching for a Chief Operating Officer (COO) who is a systems-focused leader with experience of building a culture of operational excellence. As COO, this leader will play a multifaceted role ranging from business operations design, to managing teams, and driving forward key strategic initiatives. As a thought partner to the CEO, this leader will play a strong strategic role for the organization while also leading and managing the work through to implementation.
The COO will supervise and support Information Technology, Accounting/Finance, Communications, Facility Management, and Data Strategy departments at the agency. The COO will serve as the staff liaison to the Finance and Audit Committee, Finance Committee, and the Public Outreach Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of support services through improvements to each function under their supervision (IT, Performance Measures, Facility Management, Finance, and Communications)
- Provide leadership in process improvement and effective communication across all facets of the organization to build a solid foundation for future growth with the overall goal of operational/compliance excellence, institutional quality, and client trust and satisfaction
- Monitor performance with tracking software and take corrective measures when necessary, and prepare detailed updates and forecasts
- Facilitate internal collaboration to ensure that all departments are communicating effectively and supporting one another as needed
- Oversee the maintenance and updating of all internal policies and procedures and ensure they are reviewed and up to date
- In cooperation with the Sr. Director of Accounting & Finance and management team, ensure sound fiscal management, business plans and forecasts
- Manage capital investments and expenses aggressively to ensure that the agency achieves investor targets for growth and profitability
- Manage the fiscal budgeting process to prepare a budget that meets the strategic goals,
- Manage investment policy development as a member of the executive management team
- Engage the Finance Committee to develop short-, medium-, and long-term financial plans and projections
- Direct strategic internal and external communication plans and activities to enhance CIS’s visibility and promote its mission
- Oversee the planning and execution of a media relations, public relations strategy, and relationships with regional and local media and community groups
- Provide oversight and collaboration across the organization in pursuit of positive news coverage in line with strategic priorities
- Support policy and advocacy communication strategy and execution
Information Technology Management
- In cooperation with the Sr. Director of IT, ensure sound information technology management strategies
- Oversee the ongoing vision and strategy for the evolution of the organization’s technology infrastructure
- Support relationships with technology vendors, contracts, and IT department-related purchasing
- Oversee agency facilities and equipment and ensure all are maintained in a condition to promote efficiency, employee health, comfort, and safety
- Procurement and contract management
- Space management and office security
- Utilities and communications infrastructure
- Conduct thorough risk assessments to identify potential vulnerabilities and weaknesses in all areas of the organization including site-based programming and service delivery, HR, IT, and general business operations
- Work with department leaders to reduce the probability of risks and/or the likelihood of an occurrence
- Lead periodic reviews of insurance coverage and recommend changes as appropriate
DEI and Culture
- Lead CIS’ efforts to advance diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) within the organization,
- Develop goals and implement strategies that establish and sustain a diverse and inclusive workplace culture
- Serve as a change agent to provide guidance, resources, and training on DEI related topics
- Ensure availability and use of professional development opportunities for all CIS staff,
- Promote and maintain agency culture, standards, and systems
- Champion the CIS team approach to service delivery and problem solving
Board of Directors Governance
- Work in partnership with the CEO and the board as appropriate to define and accomplish the CIS strategic plan
- Work with the CEO and the Executive Team to recommend changes or additional policies to the Board of Directors
- Provide timely and comprehensive reports of organizational operations,
- Act as a staff liaison to relevant board committees
The ideal candidate brings proven executive leadership having led Operations at an education-focused nonprofit of similar or greater size. An equity-centered generalist, who is a systems thinker and accomplished leader, with experience in org-wide operations, people management, communications, real estate, and finance.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in a socially responsible organization with progressive management experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in operational/administrative management
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a senior fiscal management role and partnering with executive staff
- Demonstrated experience in operations management and planning with previous experience overseeing human resources, day-to-day business operations, organizational policies and procedures, contracts, risk management, and legal and regulatory matters
- Experience translating strategy into actionable steps for growth, implementing organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operations planning
- Demonstrated success in organizational development, project management, personnel management, budget and resource development, strategic planning, and monitoring and evaluation
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team, including exceptional communication skills with demonstrated ability to persuasively promote ideas to a variety of stakeholders
- Flexible and able to multi-task with demonstrated ability to work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment while also driving toward clarity and solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, or finance, or non-profit management; Master’s degree is preferred
Compensation and Benefits
CIS offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position. The starting salary range for this position is $120,000 – $150,000, determined by qualifications and relevant experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, paying 100% of the employee premium for the base medical insurance plan and provide subsidy to support coverage for spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, professional development, and a 403(b) plan with an employer match.
Work Location: This position is a full-time position and will be required to work at the CIS central administrative office in Austin, TX.
Communities In Schools of Central Texas is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a vital resource and an integral part of who we are as an organization. Even if you do not check all the boxes or meet all of the requirements, we encourage you to still apply.
To Be Considered
Please submit your resume and cover letter expressing your interest in the position and fit for the role via the “Become a Candidate” button. Letters may be addressed to Kevin Bryant.
Applicants applying by Monday, November 11th, will be given priority consideration, with the position open until filled.