About E3 Alliance
E3 Alliance (“E3”) is a national pioneer in collective impact, working to transform education systems so all students succeed. With its broad range of community partners, E3 is focused on systems change in education through data and collaboration. As a nonprofit organization, E3 leads the effort in Central Texas and statewide to support schools in better serving all students. Since 2006, Susan Dawson has built E3 into a trusted education partner with a stellar reputation, as the organization’s founding and only Executive Director and President. Under her leadership, E3 has become the go-to data partner and convener for school districts, elected officials, policy organizations, universities, and workforce development organizations.
E3 leverages critical data to serve as a catalyst to impact educational outcomes for all students—cradle to career. Partnering with schools, communities, and businesses, E3 Alliance brings together diverse voices to collaborate and build a strong, equitable education pipeline that delivers a trained and educated workforce, while creating long-term, systemic change.
E3’s Core Values: Collaboration | Data-driven | Equity | Learning | Relentless.
E3 Alliance has received numerous industry awards and accolades. A few of these include:
- “Intermediaries for Scale & Institutional Transformation Award” Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- “National Proof Point Community Designation” from StriveTogether
- “Best Place for Working Parents” from Early Matters (the last three years, consecutively)
- As well as many other local, regional, and national honors
E3 Alliance is a standalone, self-funded, self-managed 501-(c)(3) nonprofit. About 65% of E3’s revenues are generated through foundation, corporate, and individual investment. The other 35% of revenue is generated as earned income, typically through services designed and proven in the Central Texas region then taken on a fee-for-service basis to other parts of the state. E3 is housed at and shares back-office services with Austin Community College, one of its founding partners.
For more information on E3 Alliance, please visit https://e3alliance.org/.
The E3 Alliance Board of Directors is seeking an innovative, results-driven leader to serve as its next President and Executive Director. The President and Executive Director position oversees the administrative, service, and development activities of the organization and its 34 staff members. The President and Executive Director position, along with the Board of Directors, sets the strategic direction and vision of the organization aligned with its mission and core values. This new leader will collaborate with leaders in PK12 schools and higher education institutions, along with community, civic, and industry partners to effectively leverage data and research to transform policies and practices. These efforts aim to improve school culture, effective instruction, leadership, and educational equity and outcomes for students, especially those who are not well-served in the current systems.
Strategic Vision & Organizational Leadership
- In alignment with E3’s vision for systems change and educational transformation, build upon the strong foundation and organizational reputation to help even more Texas students succeed.
- Center performance, equity, and evaluation to assess educational effectiveness and inform data-driven solutions for the E3 Alliance community and its partners, as well as the entire state of Texas.
- Embody the mission with a passionate, genuine, and empathetic voice, that brings analytics to life for colleagues, partners, funders, and community stakeholders.
- Galvanize various stakeholders and create mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Partner with the Board to create opportunities for engagement and strategic and generative input.
- Provide transparency about financial and operating results.
- Ensure board has buy-in on key decisions, as well as agreement on strategic direction.
Staff & Board Management
- Lead, inspire, and support the staff, especially through moments of change or transition.
- Foster a culture of innovation, excellence, and inclusivity, while providing mentorship and professional development opportunities to staff.
- Continue building an organizational culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, where each member of staff is supported to thrive, build skills, have fun, and be successful.
- Support Board governance (i.e. committee structures, term-limits, recruitment)
- Embrace the strengths, commitment, and passion of the high performing team and continue to recruit, retain, and motivate staff and Board members for an even stronger culture.
Community Engagement & Trusted Relationship Manager
- Engender trust and respect by engaging with transparency, authenticity, and empathy.
- Build trusting relationships with key stakeholders, such as funders, superintendents, principals, teachers, local officials, and community members, to support growth objectives and foster collaboration.
- Center the needs of all students and constituents, regardless of differences. Lead with a nuanced understanding of how systems disproportionately impact and influence student outcomes.
- Provide a consistent voice in regional and state conversations regarding cradle-to-career gaps, trends, solutions, and opportunities.
- Foster frequent, consistent dialogue with relevant constituents to develop strong cross-sector partnerships.
Business Development & Fundraising
- Be accountable for the fiscal health of the organization including the identification and cultivation of new funding opportunities to enable growth and impact targets to be met.
- Experienced fundraiser who has had success securing funding from diverse sources (foundation, corporate, and individual giving), to support sustainability and fund new initiatives.
- Bring a keen business sense that allows E3 to continue building and strategically growing its impact through new and existing revenue generating relationships.
- Manage the finances with prudence, accountability and integrity. Ensure that E3 remains in good financial health while sustaining and growing its impact in a responsible manner.
The successful candidate will be a community-trusted, visionary and purpose-driven leader, committed to improving education systems and to creating equitable outcomes for Texas students throughout the education and career pipeline—from cradle to career. The President and Executive Director position must be tenacious in driving positive results, even in difficult situations. A demonstrated history of painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy for educational equity that motivates others to action, is required. The chosen candidate must excel in building relationships of trust with leaders across sectors, be a quick and committed learner, be passionate about driving education systems change, know how to use data to tell a story that drives action, and be utterly relentless.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, related master’s degree preferred.
- Preference for someone with direct experience in data analysis and interpretation.
- Demonstrated ability to understand quantitative data, drive action based on the data, and translate research findings to a variety of audiences to create impact.
- A proven or high-potential community leader with experience building trust and establishing credibility with diverse partners across sectors including the business community, workforce development system, PK12 education, higher education, social services, and among policy makers.
- A proven or high-potential team leader with experience building cross-organizational collaborations to achieve collective impact goals in education, health, workforce, economic development, or other related systems.
- Demonstrated ability to build trusting relationships and collaborative partnerships with stakeholders who, at times, hold divergent views and differing interests but share mutual objectives.
- Record of developing, nurturing, and retaining strong teams.
- Experience leading data-driven system change.
- Demonstrated ability to identify new organizational funding sources including business development and fundraising with foundations, businesses, and individual donors.
- Proven ability to connect and co-create with a diverse range of perspectives representing lived experience in traditionally marginalized communities.
- Established relationships with Texas education system leaders and allied partners, preferred.
This is a full-time position based in Austin, Texas. The national target salary for this position is $200k+. E3 Alliance provides a comprehensive benefits package, including full premium coverage of health, dental, and life & disability insurance. E3 Alliance offers a flexible work arrangement while also valuing the importance of in-person collaboration. E3 Alliance offers the flexibility of working remotely in the Greater Austin area and coming into an office, based on the needs of the work and the role.
E3 Alliance’s EEO Statement
As an equal opportunity employer, E3 Alliance is committed to a diverse, multicultural work environment. E3 Alliance does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
To Be Considered
Please submit your resume and cover letter expressing your interest in the position and fit for the role via the “Become a Candidate” button.
GoodCitizen has been exclusively retained by E3 Alliance to lead this search. For questions, please contact: