GoodCitizen is a retained executive search firm working to advance leadership of organizations seeking to build a better world. We have deep roots in both executive search and the social sector. Our clients are mission-driven organizations—philanthropies, non-profits, social enterprises—that understand the importance of diverse, connected, impactful leadership teams and authentic connections with the communities they serve.
We have big plans! We’re excited to grow our search practice and invite you to join us if you are:
- a highly-motivated, self-starter with a passion to build a better world;
- a natural collaborator who enjoys working in an entrepreneurial environment and providing clients with outstanding support and customer service;
- eager to partner with premier social sector clients who are at the forefront of driving social change locally, nationally and globally; and,
- ready to join a super colleagial team that works hard and has fun.
GoodCitizen is seeking to hire a Search Associate. The Associate role positions you to learn about and immerse yourself in some of the most important issues of our time including climate change, education, human rights, and social justice. You will have the opportunity develop a deep understanding of the social sector both from the macro perspective as well as up close and in detail. You will gain insights into the internal strategies and leadership structures that frame the work of diverse foundations and nonprofits and then translate that learning and knowledge into research, writing, and project management skills that support our executive search process. One of the benefits of working in this environment is the ongoing opportunity to get to know new clients, become deeply knowledgable in their focus area(s) and actively using that knowledge to successfully identify new talent for their team.
Does this describe you? If so, we’d like to get to know you!
The Associate Role
Associates play a critical role on client projects and will work with a diverse array of clients and candidates across a portfolio of searches. As an essential member of our team, associates play a key role in ensuring high-quality service is delivered to our clients and candidates. This role is ideal for flexible, self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and goal-oriented environment. Your work will include research and project management, and position you to partner across the entire team. We are looking for an enthusiastic learner who has a genuine interest in and curiosity about people in addition to a collaborative, supportive work style.
Superb written and verbal communication skills are essential, along with a strong orientation towards customer service and proven prioritization and organizational skills. A proactive workstyle is essential; associates must anticipate needs, effectively tailor communication to various audiences, and be comfortable managing up to senior staff and clients to ensure timelines and milestones are met. An aptitude for systems, technology and research are also critical to success in this position.
In an entrepreneurial environment like ours, we are also seeking an Associate who can serve as a true utility player, who will take on other duties in support of general business operations, as needed.
Key responsibilities include:
Project Management and Administration: as a lynchpin of the project team, manage all administrative tasks associated with an assigned portfolio of searches:
- Serve as the project manager working with Search Directors on multiple searches;
- Manage search workplans while adjusting and being flexible as needed;
- Anticipate needs of the internal team and clients to ensure alignment, clarity, and timeliness;
- Drive search project and client meeting logistics (scheduling, facilitation and occasional travel logistics, as needed);
- Organize data and research findings using online tools and maintain data hygiene in our technology platforms and systems; and,
- Create reports and proposals, responding to general inquiries about services, and answering candidate inquiries about specific searches.
Sourcing and Recruiting: design and implement research and sourcing strategies in partnership with search project team:
- Collaborate with the search team to develop research parameters for a portfolio of searches;
- Conduct research to identify diverse pipelines of candidates and referral sources;
- Identify creative new sources and methodologies for finding and engaging candidates;
- Organize data and research findings using online tools and provide analysis as needed; and,
- Utilize best practices for an open and inclusive search process that challenges bias and promotes pay equity.
Communication & Outreach: build positive impressions with clients, prospective, and active candidates through various forms of communication:
- Respond to emails in a timely and thoughtful manner;
- Synthesize information gleaned during backgrounding,
- Conduct outreach calls, reference calls, and phone screens as your career progresses within the firm.
Candidates should have a minimum of 1-2 years of project management or administrative experience and up to 5 years of relevant experience for a Senior Associate position. Recruiting experience is preferred and knowledge of the social sector is an asset. We hire people who embrace the importance of social justice and equity, of finding and placing the right leader in the right role, and advancing the mission-driven work of the organizations we serve.
The salary range for this position is $50,000-$70,000, depending on experience level, plus benefits. While we are working remotely during COVID, this role is based in Austin, Seattle or San Francisco.
GoodCitizen is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to creating a workplace where employees thrive both personally and professionally, while also feeling included, respected, and valued. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained impact.
To Be Considered
To formally apply please send a resume and thoughtfully written cover letter. Questions and applications should be directed to Eliza Kinrose email@example.com.