GoodCitizen believes that the right leadership can shape the world for good. We are an executive search and leadership advisory firm working to advance leadership for mission driven organizations. Our clients – philanthropies, non-profits, social enterprises – understand the importance of diverse, connected, and impactful leadership teams and authentic connection with the communities they serve.
We are entering an exciting growth phase and looking to grow our team. We are looking for:
- Highly motivated self-starters with a passion for purpose driven work
- Natural collaborators who enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment and providing exceptional client and partner experiences
- Eager to partner with premier social sector clients who are at the forefront of driving social change around the world
- Interested in building skills in research, writing, project management, client services
GoodCitizen is looking to hire a Search Associate for our growing executive search practice. Associates play an integral role for our team and for our clients. As a Search Associate you will develop a deep understanding of the social sector and the important issues of our time including climate change, education, human rights, and social justice. You will gain insights into the internal strategies and leadership structures that frame the work of leading foundations, nonprofits, and social impact organizations around the world.
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to develop and hone skills in research, writing, and project management. You will gain deep knowledge in leadership development and learn how to assess talent, diagnosis organizational challenges, and design effective leadership strategies. You will use those skills directly to successfully identify new talent to transform organizations at pivotal moments of their growth.
As the backbone of our team, Search Associates ensure GoodCitizen provides high-quality service to our clients and candidates. They play a critical role working across a portfolio of searches while engaging with a diverse array of social impact organizations and the leading talent in the sector. This role is ideal for flexible, adaptable, self-starters who thrive in dynamic, entrepreneurial, and goal-oriented consulting environment. Your responsibilities include research and project management as well as collaborating with colleagues across our team.
We are seeking enthusiastic learners who possess a genuine interest in, and curiosity about, people. A collaborative and supportive work style along with a strong orientation towards customer service and proven prioritization and organizational skills are required. A proactive workstyle is essential: associates must anticipate needs, effectively tailor communication to various audiences, and be comfortable managing up to senior staff and clients to ensure timelines and milestones are met. Candidates must possess superb written and verbal communication skills. An aptitude for systems, technology and research are also critical to success in this position.
In an entrepreneurial environment like ours, we seek Associates who can serve as true business partners who are willing to innovate and support general business growth, operations, and culture.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is interested in acquiring deep and substantial knowledge of the social sector across a variety of issue areas. Associates acquire tangible client facing business skills.
Key responsibilities include:
Project Management and Administration
As a lynchpin of the project team, Associates manage all administrative tasks associated with an assigned portfolio of searches:
- Serve as the project manager working with Search Directors on multiple searches simultaneously
- Manage search workplans while adjusting and being flexible as needed
- Anticipate needs of the internal team and clients to ensure alignment, clarity, and timeliness
- Drive search project and client meeting logistics (scheduling, facilitation and occasional travel logistics, as needed)
- Organize data and research findings using online tools and maintain data hygiene in our technology platforms and systems
- Create reports and proposals, responding to general inquiries about services, and answering candidate inquiries about specific searches
Sourcing and Recruiting
Associates design and implement research and sourcing strategies in partnership with search project team:
- Collaborate with the search team to develop research parameters for a portfolio of searches
- Conduct research to identify diverse pipelines of candidates and referral sources
- Identify creative new sources and methodologies for finding and engaging candidates
- Organize data and research findings using online tools and provide analysis as needed
- Utilize best practices for an open and inclusive search process that challenges bias and promotes equity
Communication & Outreach
Associates serve as the company’s frontline for providing nuanced yet clear communications to clients and prospective candidates.
- Support client and candidate communication by maintaining strong and timely communications for all stakeholders
- Conduct outreach calls, reference calls, and phone screens
Candidates should have a minimum of 3-5 years of project management or administrative experience. Recruiting or consulting experience is preferred and knowledge of the social sector is an asset. We hire people who embrace the importance of social justice and equity, of finding and placing the right leader in the right role, and advancing the mission-driven work of the organizations we serve.
Bilingual English/Spanish speakers encouraged to apply.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $60,000-$75,000 depending on experience level, plus benefits. While we are working in a hybrid model as we come out of COVID, this role is based within in-person distance of Seattle or Washington, DC area.
GoodCitizen EEO Statement
GoodCitizen is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to creating a workplace where employees thrive both personally and professionally, while also feeling included, respected, and valued. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained impact.