GoodCitizen provides executive search and leadership advisory services to mission-driven organizations. Our purpose is impact. The pressing challenges in our communities and around the world – and the best ideas for addressing them – converge on questions of leadership. GoodCitizen exists to help social sector organizations (philanthropies, non-profits, social enterprises) build leadership teams that can make a difference and drive change.
We have big plans! We’re excited to grow our search practice and invite you to join us if you are:
- a highly-motivated, self-starter with a passion to build a better world;
- a natural collaborator who enjoys working in an entrepreneurial environment and providing clients with outstanding support and customer service;
- eager to partner with premier social sector clients who are at the forefront of driving social change locally, nationally and globally; and,
- ready to join a super colleagial team that works hard and has fun.
If this describes you, we’d like to get to know you.
The Senior Associate Role
Senior Associates play a critical role on client projects and will work with a diverse array of clients and candidates across a portfolio of searches. As an essential member of our team, a senior associate plays a key role in ensuring high-quality service is delivered to our clients and candidates. This role is ideal for flexible, self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and goal-oriented environment. Your work will include research and project management, and position you to partner across the entire team. A senior associate must be comfortable in a service role engaging with executive stakeholders in a highly professional manner. We are looking for an enthusiastic learner who has a genuine interest in and curiosity about people in addition to a collaborative, considerate work style.
Superb written and verbal communication are essential, along with a strong orientation towards customer service and proven prioritization and organizational skills. A proactive workstyle is essential; a senior associate anticipates needs, effectively tailors communication to various audiences, and must be comfortable managing up to senior staff and clients to ensure timelines and milestones are met. An aptitude for systems, technology and research are also critical to success in this position.
Key responsibilities include:
Project Management and Administration: as a lynchpin of the project team, manage all administrative tasks associated with an assigned portfolio of searches:
- Serve as the project manager working with Search Directors on multiple searches;
- Manage search workplans while adjusting and being flexible as needed;
- Anticipate needs of the internal team and clients to ensure alignment, clarity, and timeliness;
- Drive search project and client meeting logistics (scheduling, facilitation and occasional travel logistics, as needed);
- Organize data and research findings using online tools and maintain data hygiene in our technology platforms and systems; and,
- Create reports and proposals, responding to general inquiries about services, and answering candidate inquiries about specific searches.
Sourcing and Recruiting: design and implement research and sourcing strategies in partnership with search project team:
- Collaborate with the search team to develop research parameters for a portfolio of searches;
- Conduct research to identify diverse pipelines of candidates and referral sources;
- Identify creative new sources and methodologies for finding and engaging candidates;
- Organize data and research findings using online tools and provide analysis as needed; and,
- Utilize best practices for an open and inclusive search process that challenges bias and promotes pay equity.
Communication & Outreach: build positive impressions with clients, prospective, and active candidates through various forms of communication:
- Respond to emails in a timely and thoughtful manner;
- Synthesize information gleaned during backgrounding, helping to write position profiles;
- Assess viability of candidates with openness and respect; and,
- Conduct outreach calls, reference calls, and conducting phone screens
Candidates should have a minimum of 2-5 years of project management or administrative experience. Recruiting experience is preferred. Knowledge of the social sector is an asset. We hire people who embrace the importance of finding and placing the right leader in the right role to advance and support the mission-driven work of the organizations we serve.
The salary range for this position is $60,000-$70,000, plus benefits. While we are working remotely during COVID, current team members are based in Seattle and San Francisco so those are preferred locations. However, a permanent remote arrangement from another locale will be considered.
GoodCitizen is an equal opportunity employer and committed to an inclusive work culture. All candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, gender identity, age, religion or belief, family or parental status or any other status protected by law.
To Be Considered
Please submit a resume and thoughtfully written cover letter by clicking “become a candidate” below.
Any questions about this role should be addressed to Alison Kaneko email@example.com