Your privacy is important to GoodCitizen Public Benefit Corporation (collectively, “GoodCitizen,” “we,” or “us”) and we are committed to protecting the privacy of your Personal Information.
“Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a natural individual or a household. We do not consider Personal Information to include information that has been aggregated or de-identified so that it does not allow a third party to easily identify a specific individual.
WHAT TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The Personal Information we collect falls into two categories: (1) information you voluntarily supply us when you visit our Website or otherwise interact with us; when you submit your information, such as via a contact form or by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise; when we collect your information in connection with your candidacy; and when you otherwise use our services, (2) information we collect about you, and (3) information we receive from third-parties.
Personal Information You Provide
We obtain certain Personal Information when you provide it to us. The following Personal Information about you may be collected when you interact with us or use our Website or in connection with your candidacy or potential candidacy:
- Identifying and contact details: Name, phone number, email, physical address, electronic signature, federal or state issued professional identification, date of birth, and demographic information (including age and gender).
- Employment Information: Job title, professional experience, education, performance history, training records, income, salary, and compensation.
- Household Information: Number of children and spouse.
- Race/Ethnicity Information
This information may be supplied by you in response to specific questions, when you sign up for communications from us, communicate with us in person or by email, participate in our programs, or use our services. You can always refuse to supply Personal Information in response to requests, except that it may prevent you from engaging in transactions, Website-related activities or receiving responses to your inquiries or other information of interest such as our employment placement programs. Information that is optional, for example race/ethnicity information, at these collection points will generally be noted and marked as such.
Information We Collect About You
We may collect information about you from publicly available sources including your social media accounts, LinkedIn, corporate websites, Inside Philanthropy, Hunter, and PEDS (Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System).
Information We Receive from Third Parties
We may receive information about you from selected third parties with whom we maintain relationships with as well as those you have identified who can provide a reference for you. We may also receive Personal Information as a transferred asset in the event that we acquire the business or assets of a third-party.
HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will only use your Personal Information to the extent allowed by applicable laws or where you have given us your consent. Such use may include, without limitation, to respond to your contact inquiries, provide you with services you have requested and/or customer support, communicate with you about services that may be of interest to you, and develop and improve our services.
Personal Information of candidates and potential candidates is used in the usual course of our business to provide services to our clients. This may include assessing your qualifications and suitability for a particular role or career opportunity, processing your application for a particular role or career opportunity, and providing information on candidates or potential candidates to our clients who are prospective employers.
We may also use your Personal Information to contact you and provide you with information regarding a role or career opportunity which we think may be of interest to you or to respond to an inquiry or expression of interest in our services by you.
Finally, we may use Personal Information we have collected to prevent or respond to fraud and fulfill legal obligations, such as responding to court orders, subpoenas, or government requests.
By providing your Personal Information to us, expressly consent to the processing of any Personal Information for the purposes set out above.
HOW DO WE SHARE INFORMATION?
- Marketing partners, which we use to send you promotional communications;
- IT service providers, such as our data hosting provider and companies we employ to manage our Website and to provide Website-related services and/or to assist us in analyzing how our Website is used; and
- Other service providers that we may engage to provide services to us or on our behalf.
- We may disclose to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, in order to enforce or apply our other agreements, or otherwise to protect our rights/property or the rights/property of any third party.
- We may disclose your Personal Information while negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control, such as a restructuring or sale of assets.
- We may share Personal Information with third parties, including but not limited to our clients, potential clients, advisors, advertisers, analytics providers, and investors, for the purpose of conducting our business.
We reserve the right to disclose to third parties non-Personal Information, such as aggregated or de-identified information, for any lawful purpose.
GoodCitizen cares about the security and confidentiality of your Personal Information. We seek to maintain commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security, collection, storage, and processing measures to protect against the unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of the Personal Information you submit to us. However, no website is completely secure, error free, or “hacker proof.” You are responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse. We cannot guarantee that your use of our Website will be completely safe, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure. We are not responsible for third-party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures.
DO NOT TRACK
Some browsers offer a “Do Not Track” feature, which allows you to signal a website not to track you. Our Website does not currently respond to browser Do Not Track signals.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Except to the extent prohibited by law, and subject to this privacy notice, we will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you with the services, for GoodCitizen’s valid business purposes, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, defend our legal rights, and enforce our agreements.
Where we process Personal Information in relation to an executive search for one of our clients, we typically collect your Personal Information for a particular executive search undertaken at any given time, but we may also use your Personal Information for additional executive searches if we determine that you may be a suitable candidate for such search. You agree that we may maintain your Personal Information in our database so that we may be able to contact you in the event that you are identified as a suitable candidate for another role or career opportunity.
Where we process Personal Information for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data until you make us aware by unsubscribing to future contact. We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your Personal Information so that we can respect your request in the future.
Where we process Personal Information to meet legal requirements, we hold this for as long as the law requires (for example, we may hold records to help prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities).
Nevada Privacy Rights
We do not sell Personal Information for monetary consideration. Nevada residents have the right to submit a verified request directing us not to sell their Personal Information. If you are a Nevada resident, and would like to submit such a request, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Privacy Rights
We do not share personal information (as defined by California Civil Code §1798.83) with other people or non-affiliated businesses for their direct marketing purposes. We are not currently selling your Personal Information and have not sold your Personal Information since January 1, 2020, the date the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) went into effect.
Under the CCPA, California consumers have the right to request:
- the deletion of the Personal Information we have about them;
- additional information about whether and how we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold Personal Information about them; and
- the specific pieces of Personal Information we have about them.
California consumers also have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment if they exercise the rights listed above.
California law permits California consumers to use an authorized agent to make privacy rights requests. We require the authorized agent to provide us with proof of the California consumer’s written permission (for example, a power of attorney) that shows the authorized agent has the authority to submit a request for the California consumer. An authorized agent must follow the process described below to make a request. The authorized agent must also verify his/her own identity. We will confirm the agent’s authority with the California consumer about whom the request was made.
Privacy Rights for Residents of the European Economic Area
EU and UK residents have certain rights regarding their Personal Information under the GDPR. These rights include:
Right to Request Access
You may request details of Personal Information which we hold about you. Upon request, we will provide a copy of such personal information within a reasonable timeframe, generally within 1 month.
Right to Rectification
If you believe that any Personal Information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible, at the address below. We will promptly correct any personal information found to be incorrect.
Right to Object
You may choose to object to the collection or use of your Personal Information:
- whenever information is processed for the legitimate interest of GoodCitizen.
- whenever information is processed for a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in GoodCitzen.
Please note that your objection may be overridden by the legitimate interests of GoodCitizen to process and collect your Personal Information.
You also have the right to object to the processing or your Personal Information for direct marketing purpose.
Right to Erasure
To the extent legally permissible, you may be entitled to have certain Personal Information erased in the following circumstances:
- The Personal Information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
- You object to the collection or use of your Personal Information and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing.
- The Personal Information has been unlawfully processed.
- The Personal Information has reached the defined retention period to be erased or for compliance with a legal obligation to which GoodCitizen is subject.
Right to Restriction of Processing
You may have the right to restrict further processing of your Personal Information in the following situations:
- You contest the accuracy of the Personal Information.
- The processing of the information is unlawful.
- The Personal Information has reached the defined retention period of GoodCitizen and we no longer needs the personal information for the purposes of the processing, but you require the Personal Information to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
- Your objection to the processing may be restricted pending the verification of whether GoodCitizen’s legitimate grounds override your rights as a data subject.
Right to Portability
You have the right to receive your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. GoodCitizen will assist in the transmission of such data to another entity, upon request, to the extent technically feasible.
Right not to be subject to Automated Decision-Making or Profiling
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
How You Can Exercise Your Rights
GoodCitizen takes reasonable steps to help ensure that the Personal Information we collect from you is accurate, complete and current. You may submit a privacy rights request to us by:
- Calling us at 206-222-4020.
- Emailing us at email@example.com.
When you make a request, we may require that you provide information and follow procedures so that we can verify the request and your jurisdiction before responding to it. The verification steps we take may differ depending on the request you make. We will only use the information received in a request for the purposes of responding to the request.