GoodCitizen believes that the right leadership can shape the world for good. We are an executive search and leadership advisory firm working to advance leadership for mission driven organizations. Our clients – philanthropies, non-profits, social enterprises – understand the importance of diverse, connected, and impactful leadership teams and authentic connection with the communities they serve.
We are entering an exciting growth phase and looking to grow our team. We are looking for:
- Highly motivated self-starters with a passion for purpose driven work
- Natural collaborators who enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment and providing exceptional client and partner experiences
- Eager to partner with premier social sector clients who are at the forefront of driving social change around the world
- Looking to work with a collaborative team that works hard in a collegial and inclusive environment
- A deep commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging
GoodCitizen is looking to hire Search Coordinators for our growing executive search practice. Search Coordinators will be critical members of our team for internal and client-facing projects. As a Search Coordinator, you will develop a deep understanding of the social sector and the important issues of our time including; climate change, education, human rights, and social justice. You will gain insights into the internal strategies and leadership structures that frame the work of leading foundations, nonprofits, and social impact organizations around the world.
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to develop and hone skills in strategic administrative and logistical support, external communications, proofreading, and project management. You will gain knowledge and skills on how to support executive searches through administrative and logistical strategies and tactics.
As an essential member of search teams, Search Coordinators are important points of contact for team members, candidates, and clients to ensure timely success of each project. Search coordinators work in matrixed teams across a portfolio of searches with team members in various geographic locations. Search Coordinators’ portfolio of responsibilities includes; all administrative and logistical planning and execution, information and knowledge management and dissemination, and project management.
We are seeking strategic administrative professionals who have a customer service mindset and are detailed project managers in complex settings. The ideal person in this role will be an excellent verbal and written communicator, strong relationship builder with diverse internal and external audiences, and an adaptive problem solver.
In an entrepreneurial environment like ours, we seek Search Coordinators who can serve as true business partners; willing to innovate and support GoodCitizen’s business growth, operations, and culture.
Strategic Administrative and Logistical Management
- Provide proactive leadership for high-quality administrative and logistical structures and strategies for multiple search projects with competing priorities
- Manage complex calendars and coordinate internal and external meeting logistics, including video conferencing and travel support
Information and Knowledge Management
- Manage production and dissemination of client meeting materials electronically
- Reconcile and track expenses for team members, as well as clients and candidates
- Maintain accurate and timely records on shared drive and internal database
- Preserve confidentiality of candidate and client documents and materials
Communication and External Engagement
- Liaise with candidates and clients around all administrative and logistical matters
- Copy-edit position profiles, decks, dashboards, memos, and all other externally facing materials and documents.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
With the understanding that no one person will offer every desired skill or qualification outlined below, compelling candidates will offer much of the following:
- At least 2-3 years of relevant administrative experience in a professional setting, experience in a professional services environment or executive search firm is preferred Those with more years of experience will be considered for a more senior level role.
- Demonstrated success coordinating complex logistics, scheduling with multiple calendars, and projects with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience building trusting and respectful relationships with people internally and externally; GoodCitizen’s team members, candidates, and clients are people from different races, ethnicities, cultures, geography, gender, gender identity, class, and sexual orientation
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently, exercise initiative, and bring sound judgment and discretion to all projects
- Experience proofreading and editing Word Documents, Excel sheets, presentation decks, and external facing materials
- Attention to detail in all aspects of the role
- Ability to learn quickly and work in fast-paced environments with multiple projects
- Proven commitment to building and maintaining an environment where equity, diversity, and inclusion are priorities
- Ability to be successful in settings where strategies or tactics are evolving
- Reputation for anticipating issues in advance and using creative problem-solving to overcome challenges
- Experience with databases or CRMs is preferred
- Brings a workstyle that values collegiality, collaboration, quality, excellence, and fun.
Compensation and Benefits
The base salary for this position starts at $55,000 and will be based on experience, years of experience, and ensuring pay equity within the organization. GoodCitizen offers a generous benefits package. While we are working in a hybrid model as we come out of COVID, this role is based within in-person distance of Seattle or Washington D.C., Los Angeles, or the Bay Area
GoodCitizen is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to creating a workplace where employees thrive both personally and professionally, while also feeling included, respected, and valued. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained impact.
To Be Considered
Please submit your resume and cover letter expressing your interest in the position and fit for the role via the Become a Candidate button.